Print the following documents and follow the instructions:
Common Instructions to all Preps
Preparation of solution:
- 1½ fluid oz of Castor oil diluted in 8 oz glass of orange juice.
Day before procedure:
- Clear liquid diet only. No milk or solid foods allow 24 hours prior to the procedure
- Take the first dose at 5:00 pm
- May be poured over ice if desired
- Continue your liquid diet after completing the first dose
- Drink plenty of fluids
Day of the procedure:
- No liquids after midnight, EXCEPT a sip to take medications
- Repeat the same dose of the preparation
- At 11:00 p.m. the night before (for 7:00 and 8:00 am scheduled cases).
- At 5:00 a.m. (at least three hours before you leave for appointment)
- Arrive for colonoscopy 30 to 60 minutes before your scheduled time.
- Double check your Endoscopy Checklist